Friday, June 29, 2012

Purify Your Laundry (& Our Earth!)

From the time I was little I've had an ongoing battle with my skin.  Sensitive, itchy, dry, rashes... you name it.  So when I had Akepa and noticed that she had a mild case of Eczema, I wasn't all that surprised.  

When my grandmother told me about soap nuts, I was immediately enthralled.  A natural laundry cleaner that doesn't release chemicals and toxins into our skin and Earth.  Since then, I know 10 more people that have made the switch.  Worried about the cost?  At under $30 and 330 loads of laundry, Soap Nuts cost less than traditional laundry soap.   


REALLY dirty clothes? Try adding a couple of tablespoons of unscented castile soap to the laundry.  If you want your laundry to smell good, try a scented castile soap.  Dr. Bronner's is a good brand because they are scented with essential oils instead of cheap artificial perfumes.   

Want to brighten your whites?  Try adding the juice of half a lemon to the water.

Hard water? Add 1/4 cup of Borax, a natural mineral compound.  ($4 on the laundry aisle of the grocery store.)

Need to spot-treat a tough stain? Try Celadon Road's natural stain remover.  www.celadonroad.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment