Sunday, June 24, 2012

10 Months Gone By....

It's been a crazy 10 months.  I'm so glad to be back and while I still have a long way to go, at least I'm on the road again.  

Right off the bat, I want to thank several of my friends and family members for asking about this blog and wondering when I was going to start it back up again.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I know that this is what keeps me sane and I am so happy to see that there are other people that love to read about this stuff as much as I love to blab about it.

Since my last post in September 2011, Kahi's company in Hawaii suddenly shut its doors and we were forced to make a decision: stay in Hawaii and try to ride out the storm, or move to Texas and try to start a new life in a less expensive place.  We chose Texas.  $6,000 later, thanks to my amazing and supportive grandparents, we found ourselves living in San Antonio with my loving aunt, whom we owe much gratitude.

Amongst planning a wedding, which we had on April 28, 2012, Kahi applying to every animation company in Texas, myself working, and trying to keep up with a toddler while keeping her on a stable schedule, life got CRAZY!

The storm is still not over but Kahi did get a job offer from the nicest hotel in San Antonio, JW Marriott-Hill Country Resort and Spa.  I am continuing to work and commute from a small town, just 50 minutes from San Antonio but I look forward to getting an apartment and becoming more stable over the next few months.  My social life has also suffered due to lack of funds and energy to participate.  I look forward to getting that back as well.

Akepa is great-- she is almost 2 years old now and talking like crazy.  Only partially vaccinated, day-care free, and raised on 80% organic food, she is healthy and has yet to get sick.  (Knock on wood!)  We have had no health insurance for 10 months but other than a trip to the clinic for my thyroid tests, we are all very healthy.

Enough for now.. let's talk about the good stuff!

Here's a picture from our wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment