Friday, July 6, 2012

Aluminum-Free Deodorant

For almost 2 years, I have been on a crazy mission to find a natural, aluminum-free underarm deodorant that actually works.  I cringe at the thought of smelling like b.o. and let's face it, the natural deodorants can't stand up to this Texas heat.  I have bought about 7 different kinds and every single time, they work consistently for 2 months and then they just "stop".  What the heck!

Can't one of those natural companies come up with one that actually works for more than 30 minutes? 

As green and natural as I am, I decided I would just read the labels of every mainstream deodorant like Dove, Secret, Arm & Hammer, etc.  I managed to choose the one with the least amount of aluminum, but why should I have to sacrifice the risk of breast cancer and the buildup of metals and toxins in my body for B.O.?? Maybe I need to invent one that actually works...

Anyone have any recommendations, please leave comments below and I will give them a try!

Here are some the brands I've tried:

3 comments:

  1. GREEN VIRGIN PRODUCTS 100% PURE ALL NATURAL MINERAL SALTS DEODORANT

    so far so good, but like you, I am b.o. paranoid....guess we could switch back and forth through the good ones :)
    <3
    Dede

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using the Green Virgin also. Just started a month ago.
    Jeanne Montgomery

    ReplyDelete